Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Please consider supporting us by enabling cookies.
Posted on December 18th, 2019 02:01 PM EST
Merry Christmas and happy holidays to everyone! The Christmas Event is once again live! If you haven't been around for this before, here's what you can expect:
Every once in a while you will hear the sound of jingle bells. Run outside and look for a gift! Two gifts are spawned per player, in a radius of about 40m from where you are standing. Run up and bash it open to receive your Christmas presents. They come in three sizes: small, medium, and large. If you have enough small presents stashed, you can "trade up" to a medium. If you choose to unwrap a present, the contents in each will vary. I won't blow the surprise here, but you'll find a mix of resources, weapons, and candy. Some players may receive coal for being absolutely worthless human beings.
Once again, you will be able to find Santa hats and reindeer antlers, both of which can be worn and provide a decent amount of protection. There’s also a lickable candy cane club, and two types of stockings. If you hang a stocking inside your base when the jingle bells ring the stocking will fill up with loot. The larger stocking has a higher chance for better items and both last around 5-10 refills.
You may notice a different look to a few other aspects of the game but we won't spoil them here. Have fun!
We've also added some holiday themed items to the Rust Item Store including some Deluxe Christmas Lights, Check them out!
- Xmas content enabled
- Fixed high bite protection causing animal attacks to heal the player
- Fixed monument labels on map flickering when adding/removing markers
- Fixed scientist loot panel displaying random numbers - now reads "Scientist"
- Fixed being able to reload chainsaw while attacking
- Fixed not being able to save workshop models from the Workshop UI
- Fixed a duplicate MIDI binding on the bass guitar
- Fixed the sharp note bindings not working on instruments
- Reduced chance of tree minigame markers going under the ground